Please sign up to become one of "Charlie's Friends," to create
a strong advocacy base.
- Indoor tanning legislation under consideration in New York, Connecticut,
Washington, California, Maryland, Massachusetts and Minnesota.
- Legislation mandating K-12 sun safety education, and/or similar education
for outdoor workers passed or pending in New York, Texas, California,
Florida, Washington, Utah, Connecticut, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, Maryland
- Initial work to create a melanoma tissue bank with the participation
of the United States Military, UCSF, Huntsman
Cancer Institute and the University
of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute.
- Creation of the International Melanoma Working Group,
the first international melanoma transational conference, to be held
in Germany (November 2006).
- Initial steps to create a computer-based training seminar geared
to pediatricians/pediatric residents in the area of childhood skin
- Interviews in local and national media including Good Morning America,
FOX News, NPR, the New York Times, the Boston Globe, San Francisco
Chronicle, Sacramento Bee and KCBS-TV.
- Creation of a medical advisory board headed by Dr. John Kirkwood
(Hillman Cancer Center) and including Dr. Mark Ernstoff (Norris Cotton
Cancer Center; Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center), Dr. Susan Swetter
(Stanford), Dr. Mohammed Kashani-Sabat (UCSF) and Dr. Martin Weinstock
- Representing the melanoma community in the American Cancer Society's "One
Voice Against Cancer".